Associate Youth Director of Poiema Youth Ministry
First United Methodist Church, a dynamic, intergenerational congregation in Lubbock, TX. is seeking a full-time Associate Director of Youth Ministry, who will reach, lead, and support students as they grow and develop as disciples of Christ. The primary responsibilities of this position will be to provide shared leadership in programming, missions and worship, develop relationships with youth, families, and congregants, and recruiting and equipping volunteers. Salary range of $25-35,000 based on qualifications and experience plus benefits. The successful candidate will have a college degree, 2-3 years of experience in youth ministry leadership (preferably in a large congregation), and a strong personal faith consistent with the Methodist tradition.
Send cover letter & resume to Rev. Kirk Dana, Pastor for Youth Ministry, email@example.com
The Associate Director of Youth Ministry serves as a staff member of FUMC and is responsible for fulfilling our mission of “Creating grace filled environments where Christ transforms lives.” S/he will have the responsibility of working toward accomplishing the Youth Ministry mission and goals in a spirit of collegiality under the direction of the Pastor for Youth Ministry and the Youth Ministry Team. This position is full-time.
● Displays ability to train and empower youth to foster leadership skills and spiritual growth. Uses compassion to address behavioral issues and offers positive feedback.
● Models Christian behavior through actions, words and lifestyle.
● Possess a working knowledge of United Methodist theology and principles.
● Ability to work in a team setting for strategic planning, weekly programming coordination, developing curriculum & organizing events within the youth ministry components that include worship, outreach, service, discipleship, equipping staff and volunteers, administration, building relationships.
● Demonstrates good communication skills with all members of the team including youth, parents/guardians, volunteers, congregational members and church staff.
● Should have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and at least two years’ experience in church or parachurch youth ministry.
● Use an appropriate sense of humor at all times.
● High energy level for the demands of a growing ministry.
● Provide a welcoming atmosphere for youth and adult leaders by initiating conversations and connecting visitors to active youth group members.
● Helps coordinate, plan and lead Sunday morning and evening programming, small groups, Bible studies, etc.
● Works alongside volunteer teams to help coordinate activities, programs and trips.
● Attends meetings and youth activities as directed by the Pastor for Youth Ministry.
● Attends and provides leadership for youth trips, retreat and events. ● Provides guidance and mentoring to youth, parents and congregational members abiding by the Safe Sanctuary Guidelines at all times.
● Connects regularly with youth and families outside of scheduled programming including school, sports, activities and informal meet-ups using Safe Sanctuary Guidelines at all times.
● Coordinates communications to parents, youth, and volunteers about upcoming ministry opportunities through email, social media and text messaging service.
● Helps recruit and secure leaders for all aspects of ministry.
● Tends to administrative tasks of the youth ministry faithfully
● Integrates youth into corporate worship and assist them in developing skills and gifts for ministry.
● Always considers security and safety of all
● Presents self in ways that are appropriate for the situation and that lend to effective ministry.(dress codes, language, etc.)