To give a memorial or honorium to the ELCT, click here.
What is the Everliving Church Trust?
The EverLiving Church Trust of FUMC of Lubbock has been in place since the 1980s as a funding vehicle to maintain the ministry facilities of the church. Donations to the corpus of the endowment have grown to over $2.7 million as of the beginning of 2017. These funds are invested and overseen by the duly elected Investment Committee of FUMC.
By the by laws of the charter of the ELCT, the realized earnings of these investments are distributed annually by the Investment Committee to the Board of Trustees for use on major projects of maintenance and upkeep of the church’s facilities. Oil and gas revenues are added to that distribution (less 10% which is reinvested into the ELCT corpus).
Because you gave in 2017, the ELCT was able to:
- Narthex ADA Compliant Restrooms
- Paint Walls in Children’s 2nd Floor area
- Replace the protective floor covering (tarps) for the Gym Floor when used for large event seating/dining
- Tile for future library restroom renovation
- And more!
- Sound System Upgrades
- Carpet for 1st floor including Children’s area
- Boiler Replacement
- Air Conditioning Unit Replacement
- And more!
How does my gift to the ELCT differ from giving to the annual budget?
The ELCT fund is a permanent endowment fund and only its earnings can be spent. When funds are available and distributed, they support projects above and beyond normal budgeted items.
How can I give?
Email ELCT@fumc.com and request a personal contact.